[Xymon] DOWNTIME for http content checks

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Aug 22 15:20:46 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-04 2:52 pm, Mike Burger wrote:
> I've looked at the hosts.cfg man page, I've done some searching of the
> list archives, and I've done some experimentation of my own, but I
> seem to be unable to achieve the following:
>
> I have some hosts for which I'd like to perform web content checks.
> I've got the cont= lines setup like so:
>
> cont=ptlcls2;http://some.host.here:20039/wps/portal/fhmc;"regex[[:space:]]text"
>
> And the alarm works just fine.
>
> I've tried adding:
>
> DOWNTIME=content:*:1435:1445:"some description"
>
> or
>
> DOWNTIME=ptlcls2:*:1435:1445:"some description"
>
> But the new column "ptlcls2" still goes red, rather than blue, during
> the DOWNTIME period.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that DOWNTIME isn't available for
> content checks, or that I'm incorrectly specifiying the
> test/status/column for the DOWNTIME specification. If anyone has any
> insight as to what I might be doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

No answers on the initial question...so let me follow up with:

If I set DOWNTIME on "http", will that cover the content checks?
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1