[Xymon] xymon-rclient

Simioni, Rodney rsimion at transunion.com
Wed Aug 6 21:14:23 CEST 2014

Thank you Jeremy. Allow me to clarify a few things.

I'm not a good sh script guy so I might need you to hold my hand on a few things.

The actual wget call is:
 wget --post-file=SentinelCompReport.xml --header="Content-Type: text/xml" --header="SOAPAction: \"http://tlo.com/ComprehensivePersonSearch\"" -O - http://<some vip>/BobService.asmx

On the previous email, I put 'xxx.com' instead of tlo.com in the wget call because I didn't want to broadcast my domain name to the world but I don't mind anymore -- so every wget call with have "http://tlo.com/ComprehensivePersonSearch"
but on the last http url call it should have the vip of where I'm sending this xml to; for example "http://vip from bb-host file/BobServices.asmx"

So, If had this in my bb-host file:
10.218.160.150   server1 #foo
10.218.160.151   server2 #foo

The first wget call should look like:
 wget --post-file=SentinelCompReport.xml --header="Content-Type: text/xml" --header="SOAPAction: \"http://tlo.com/ComprehensivePersonSearch\"" -O - http://10.218.160.150/BobService.asmx

>From your script, it said "wget ... --header="SOAPAction: \"http://$1/ComprehensivePersonSearch\" -O - http://$2/BobService.asmx" But I'm guessing since we don't need to change the url for "http://tlo.com/ComprehensivePersonSearch\"
we don't need the $1, correct?

Also, your script indicated "$BBHOME/bin/bbhostgrep foo | while read IP HOSTNAME OTHER; do" but HOSTNAME is not what I have defined in bb-hosts, I'm using aliases; for example, 10.218.160.150 is mapped to alias called server1 so I can't use
the alias for HOSTNAME because this command won't work "$BB $BBDISP "status $HOSTNAME.$TESTNAME $COL `date` $MSG", am I correct to assume this?

So, if my assumptions are correct, how should I correct this script you wrote to reflect my environment. Thanks again, sir.

Rod