[Xymon] xymon-rclient

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Aug 6 12:40:10 CEST 2014

Hi

No, it only works through a shell running on the target device.

It sounds like what you want is prolly available with the http or post
content check built into Xymon. If the XML is sent via a post message then
you can define a "post" tag in hosts.cfg. Check out the "HTTP Tests"
section in the man page.
https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html.

Or if you need more control over the content being sent (eg custom headers)
you can define your own protocol in protocols.cfg.
https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/protocols.cfg.5.html

Or for maximum flexibility, create an ext script to run on the Xymon server.