[Xymon] Two hosts, monitor a service that should be running on only one of them

Wed Sep 18 08:30:15 CEST 2013

On 18/09/13 14:53, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
> I think you can do this using a combo test.  Look at the man page for
> combo.cfg for instructions.

Thanks for suggesting this, I just saw this message 10 seconds after
deciding I needed to setup combo tests.

So, I've got two hosts with results in a column lvs (tests linux LVM
snapshots to warn/alert if any are greater that 50%/80% full, and also
red if no snapshot exists).
san1.domain.com.lvs which is currently red
san2.domain.com.lvs which is currently green

bbcombotest.cfg has:
float-san.domain.com.lvs = san1.domain.com.lvs || san2.domain.com.lvs

Running bbcombotest --debug manually produces this:
2013-09-18 16:20:05 Symbolic 'san1.domain.com.lvs||san2.domain.com.lvs'
converted to '1||1'

On the web page I see a green status for float-san.domain.lvs (which is
actually correct).

The problem is on the page, it shows san1 as green and san2 as clear,
but it should show san1 red and san2 green.

I'm running xymon "4.3.0~beta2.dfsg-9.1" from debian package.

Is this something which was fixed in a more recent version, or am I just
doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Adam

--