[Xymon] No RRD / graph if test status is 'clear'

W.J.M. Nelis Wim.Nelis at nlr.nl
Mon Sep 2 07:57:36 CEST 2013

Hello,

Recently I've written an external script, reporting tot Xymon 4.3.7, which
measures a throughput and conditionally can perform a test. It seems that
if the test status is 'clear', the data in the status message is not passed
to the RRD, and thus does not appear in the graph going with this test. Is
there a parameter setting to get RRD updated even if the test status is
'clear'?

(The test is only possible when a specific traffic pattern is found. If the
test cannot be performed, I would like to assign the status 'clear' to this
test. Currently the test status is 'green' in this case, making it
indistinguishable from the case "the test can be performed and the test
result is successful".)

Regards,
   Wim Nelis.

The NLR disclaimer is valid for NLR e-mail messages.

This message is only meant for providing information. Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual
or legal commitment on the part of the sender.
This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this
message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message.
Sender accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic
transmission of messages.