[Xymon] rrd-data.old

Wed Oct 30 12:57:58 CET 2013

On 30/10/13 22:46, Nick Pettefar wrote:
> In /var/log/xymon on a Solaris 10 x86 machine  is a large 1.3GB file
> called rrd-data.old, dated from a fortnight ago (15th October).  Is it
> OK to gzip it or move it without damaging anything?  I presume it's
> used for data history.  This is a sensitive production server (that's
> running out of space, naturally).  There's also an rrd-status.old file
> (111MB).
These are probably just log files for your consumption. Likely someone
rotated them at some point. Simply do "head rrd-data.old" and see the
oldest log entry, then use tail, and check the last entry. You can
almost certainly just delete the file if the dates are more than a
couple of weeks old, as the data is likely no longer useful.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev