[Xymon] analysis.cfg and TIME=

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Oct 30 00:16:52 CET 2013

On 29 October 2013 18:43, Gatis Anerauds <gatis.anee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for not being specific.
> What I want to do is to monitor a file via analysis.cfg if file exists on
> the first day of the month only.

You didn't say what you were looking for.  Size of file?  Existence of
file?  MD5?  Owner?  Or are you looking at the contents of a logfile for
problems?

> With a "TIME=" tag I can specify only a day of week.
> At least that was what I found in man pages, is that right?

Correct.  The time specification is described fully for the NKTIME
parameter in the hosts.cfg man page.  You can specify any, some or all days
of the week, but nothing to match days of the month.

> Of course I could write some ext script, but build in functionality would
> be very nice.

 Yes, probably a script.  Depending on what conditions you're trying to
detect, you might be able to use a fancy backtick shell scriptlet in
client-local.cfg.