[Xymon] can one delay alert during specific hours?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:30:43 CEST 2013

You can do this in your alerts.cfg rule set. Make two rules for conn.  One rule notifies you immediately and applies during waking hours; the other notifies after a delay during off hours. Same time format rules as DOWNTIME but applied on the rules.

We've stopped using DOWNTIME and use rules for no alerting during the maintenance window  instead, because it lets the person doing maintenance watch the board and see if their work is causing problems.