[Xymon] BBWin won't run external scripts

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Thu Nov 14 23:26:03 CET 2013

We have a new install of Windows 2008 r2.  For some reason, BBWin will
not run the couple of external scripts we have.   If I run them by hand
(cscript sricpt.vbs) from the command line, I have no problem.  But if
not it seems the scripts are being ignored.

For example,

        <load value="c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe //B
C:\BBWin\ext\SystemCheck.vbs" timer="5m" />

Event log shows the externals.dll is being loaded.  But can't see what's
wrong.  Nothing in logs.  (note we default the installation to
C:\BBWin).  Disk, CPU, msgs, processes correctly report.  Just not these
externals.

I tried version 0.12 and 0.13 and still no luck.  Any clues?

--