[Xymon] c-ares

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Nov 1 19:03:10 CET 2013

On Fri, November 1, 2013 10:35 am, Mark Felder wrote:
> Is there any hope of getting xymon to compile against the system
> provided c-ares, or is xymon always going to bundle it? Just seems like
> it would be more efficient to use the system-provided c-ares if it's
> there...

The xymon build process ends up making a library which the various
binaries incorporate, and I don't think it's dynamic or would pull in the
live system version in this case. I know there's a make option to do a
dynamic lib, but IIRC it's experimental.

That being said, with a few patches for CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS, xymon compiles
fine with the current version of c-ares... The Terabithia RPMs all use
1.10.0, for example.

HTH,
-jc