[Xymon] bbwincmd.exe status+[time] does not seem to work as intended?

Joost Hillen jhillen at draads.nl
Thu May 23 09:54:44 CEST 2013

Hi there,

I've been trying to setup a test I call 'alive', which sends out a green
signal every 1 minute, with a keep-alive time of 2 minutes.

This means, that if the server stops sending this signal twice, there will be
a purple status.

Well, in theory anyway. I have not been able to get this working properly.

I use the following:

bbwincmd.exe [xymon server] status+2m [hostname] alive green "Last signal
received at %time% on %date%"

This does send a green status every minute, but when I manually stop the
script from being executed, the status becomes grey instead of purple.

Kind regards,

Joost Hillen
System Administrator
Draads bv.