[Xymon] xymon as a drop-in bb replacement

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 20 13:58:14 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:49:03 -0800, John Thurston
<john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:
>    Our BB configuration pre-dates FQDN support, so my bb-hosts file has
> only hostnames in it. I'll either need to disable FQDN on Xymon or
> insert "testip" all over my hosts.cfg. I'll probably do the latter
> because I think it is finally time to embrace fqdn.

You can set FQDN="FALSE" in xymonserver.cfg, and it should work just like
your old BB server.

A quick way of setting "testip" for all hosts is to add a ".default." at
the top of hosts.cfg:

   0.0.0.0 .default. # testip

If you need to turn it off again somewhere, just define it again, but
blank:

   0.0.0.0 .default. #

But of course, using fqdn's really is the best solution.