[Xymon] xymon as a drop-in bb replacement

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Mar 18 19:55:03 CET 2013

We ran BB 1.9 for years, then switched to BBPE about three years ago.
Earlier this month, Quest announced end-of-life for BBPE so we're
looking at our options.

We have fewer than 500 clients reporting into Big Brother. But swapping
them out for something else is going to painful and take time. If a
xymon server will happily accept bb-client messages, then I could stand
up a xymon server and replace clients through attrition.

Has anyone else recently gone down this path?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration