[Xymon] CGI Scripts coredumping

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 24 17:34:41 CEST 2013

Den 24-06-2013 17:05, Glenn Brown skrev:
> Over the weekend the xymon CGI scripts seem to have started to coredump.
> In the cgi-bin and cgi-secure directories I see a core file which
> references the actual C cgi apps, when I try to run gdb backtrace it
> just tells me signal 4, illegal instruction, I assume It has no more
> info since there are no symbols.

It usually comes down to some configuration setting that has been
changed .... any of your config files changed recently ?

You could try running one of the CGI's by hand. If you have a URL like
this (for one of the detailed status pages):

http://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=blixen.hswn.dk&SERVICE=cpu

then you can run it by hand with

SCRIPT_NAME="svcstatus.sh"
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
QUERY_STRING="HOST=blixen.hswn.dk&SERVICE=cpu"
export SCRIPT_NAME QUERY_STRING REQUEST_METHOD
/usr/lib/xymon/cgi-bin/svcstatus.sh

(the QUERY_STRING is the bit of the URL after the '?')

With a bit of luck you'll get some error-message. If not, then I would
probably try re-compiling the binaries with debugging symbols (the '-g'
option in gcc) and then see if running the cgi-program from a gdb
session gives you a better idea of what is happening.