[Xymon] Dual-homed clients

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 15:12:27 CEST 2013

There's the 'conn' tag in hosts.cfg:

conn={best,|worst,}IP1[,IP2...]
              This adds additional IP-adresses that are pinged during the
normal "conn" test. So the normal "conn" test must  be  enabled  (the
              default) before this tag has any effect. The IP-adresses
listed here are pinged in addition to the main IP-address.

              When multiple IP\u2019s are pinged, you can choose if ALL
IP\u2019s must respond (the "worst" method), or AT LEAST one IP must
respond (the
              "best" setting). All of the IP\u2019s are reported in a
single "conn" status, whose color is determined from the result of pinging
the
              IP\u2019s and the best/worst setting.  The default method is
"best" - so it will report green if just one of the IP\u2019s respond to
ping.

Thanks,
Larry Barber