[Xymon] HTTPS problems in 4.3.11

Andrey Chervonets A.Chervonets at cominder.eu
Thu Jun 13 07:45:44 CEST 2013

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:00:28 +0200
> From: Henrik St?rner <henrik at hswn.dk>
> To: xymon at xymon.com
> Subject: Re: [Xymon] HTTPS problems in 4.3.11
>
> Den 12-06-2013 07:19, Andrey Chervonets skrev:
> > I had found  2 problems that are reproducable only on 4.3.11 XyMon
> > server (CentOS release 6.4 (Final)),
> > on 4.3.4 (CentOS release 5.6 (Final)) works fine.
> >
> > Problem 1) Some https resources reported with red (http) and white
> > (content), while really it can be accessed
>
> Going from CentOS 5->6 also means upgrading the OpenSSL libraries to
> version 1.0 (from 0.9.8e). I assume you compiled 4.3.11 on the new
server ?

> Check that SSL support is enabled in xymon: Run "xymonnet --version" and

> check that there is a line with "SSL library: OpenSSL...."
xymonnet --version just returns
xymonnet version 4.3.11

RPMs are OK
$ rpm -q openssl openssl-devel
openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
openssl-devel-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64

But I am was sure I had replied Y for SSL tests during installation.
To be double sure - I had renamed Makefile and run ./configure again today
it was like:
..
Checking for OpenSSL ...
Compiling with SSL library works OK
Linking with SSL library works OK
Checking if your SSL library has SSLv2 enabled
Will support SSLv2 when testing SSL-enabled network services

Xymon can use the OpenSSL library to test SSL-enabled services
like https-encrypted websites, POP3S, IMAPS, NNTPS and TELNETS.
If you have the OpenSSL library installed, I recommend that you enable
this.

Do you want to be able to test SSL-enabled services (y) ?

And resulting Makefile is the same as old. diff Makefile Makefile.old
returns nothing.
part of Makefile for SSL:
#
# OpenSSL settings
#
# OpenLDAP settings
LDAPFLAGS =
#
But... 4.3.4 has the same on machine where SSL is working
and ./xymonnet --version returns:
xymonnet version 4.3.4
SSL library : OpenSSL 0.9.8e-rhel5 01 Jul 2008
LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20343

I had checked on another one machine I had installed XyMon 4.3.11 recently
- OpenSUSE 12.3
xymonnet --version  returns  the same output: xymonnet version 4.3.11  and
nothing more.

Any ideas where could be the problem?

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets