[Xymon] bb-ESXi.pl

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Jun 5 22:44:10 CEST 2013

I got this ext script working. There were 2 secrets. Maybe 3.

First I modified it to be xymon-ESXi.pl. Changing BB to XYMON and BBHOME to XYMONHOME. Etc.

Second, I found that it was looking for a file .esxpass in $XYMONHOME. This is the password to get into the ESXi host. The bb-ESX.pl had it hard coded.

Lastly, my root password for the servers has bad characters in it. I have to think up a new root password now.

Actually. I'd rather add a user 'xymon' to the ESXi host. But I haven't been able to get that to work at all. Does anybody know how to get that to work?

I'm also backfilling the bb-ESX.pl script to use the .esxpass file.

Paul.