[Xymon] Memory Monitor Solaris 10 Client

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 31 18:44:30 CEST 2013

I am not seeing this one. How are you getting memory used from "the system" when you check that way?

For mine, I get the appropriate numbers. See:

# vmstat
 kthr      memory            page            disk          faults      cpu
 r b w   swap  free  re  mf pi po fr de sr m0 m1 m4 m5   in   sy   cs us sy id
 0 0 0 31227688 25971592 142 521 10 6 6 0 0 14 10 12 1 2239 4198 2471 11  2 87

..."free" is about 25GB.

>From Xymon:

 Wed Jul 31 12:43:58 EDT 2013 - Memory OK

   Memory              Used       Total  Percentage
green Physical           7035M      32768M         21%

...looks about right to me (the data is slightly different ages so forgive the small inconsistency).

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
 ||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Sr. Systems Programmer
 || \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
 ||  \\  Sciences | OIT/EI-Academic Svcs. - ADMC 450, Newark
      `'