[Xymon] Test update - ldom

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 08:09:11 CEST 2013

Hi all

Some time back I wrote a "test" to provide visibility of resources
allocated to LDOMs.
>From the description, "This script was born from a need to give people
visibility of the LDoms and available resources, but without giving them
access to the control domain to gather this information"

Some time since then, we were doing some capacity planning, Oracle license
management, reallocation of resources, and planning a hardware refresh.
It seemed like a good idea to graph the VCPU utilisation, just to get a
better "view" of how much of the allocated resources we were using, and see
if there were utilisation load spikes at certain times.

So there it is. A simple information only script, now with graphs.
https://wiki.xymonton.org/doku.php/monitors:ldom

Regards
Vernon

--
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton