[Xymon] get data between alert

Isaac W Traxler traxler at lsu.edu
Thu Jul 11 20:55:59 CEST 2013

XYMON keeps results when a state change has occurred since the last
time it did a test.

Your choices are:
1) cause more state changes (probably not the best answer)
2) as part of the alarm process, cause something to happen on the node in
question that saves state periodically for you to review.

This could be done on the server when it responds to a yellow/red
condition.

It could also be done on the client (add code to your monitor code to kick
off a logging script whenever yellow/red states occur). If the logging is
for a fixed period you are good. If you do it indefinitely, you could use
green state to terminate logging.

--
Isaac Traxler                             AIX,Linux Admin
Louisiana State University, LONI          traxler at lsu.edu
High Performance Computing                225-578-1923
Storage & Infrastructure