[Xymon] Starting Xymon via init script no environment variables

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Tue Jan 15 20:44:54 CET 2013

I've got an init script that is starting up the xymon client. It starts,
and runs, however it doesn't appear to have any access to any
environment variables.  If I restart the client from a shell, it takes
off and runs fine.  I've got echo statements in the init script to
display some of the environment variables I need, and they are
displaying fine at boot time.  It just seems that xymon doesn't have
access to them when it is running.  What has me really confused is that
I'm even exporting the variable from a file directly from the xymon script.

For example, in the init script, I 'echo $HOST'  The host name shows up
in the log
I have a perl script that clientlaunch calls, I have a variable "my
$host = $ENV{"HOST"}.

I am printing the "HOST" variable out to the log file when the script
runs.  If I start the xymon client from a shell, the HOST variable
prints out.  However, it doesn't print out (just a blank) if the xymon
client starts via the init script.

--
Michael Beatty