[Xymon] fping error code 4

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:27:40 CET 2013

Hi all

"TIME SPENT" is showing the odd spike now and then, but the highest I have
seen is 9.8 seconds.
And these peaks do not coincide with the fping issues.

I did a little more research, and discovered 2 instances of fping.
#  /opt/csw/sbin/fping -v
/opt/csw/sbin/fping: Version 2.4b2_to $Date: 2002/01/16 00:33:42 $
/opt/csw/sbin/fping: comments to david at remote.net

# /usr/local/sbin/fping -v
/usr/local/sbin/fping: Version 3.0
/usr/local/sbin/fping: comments to david at schweikert.ch

/opt/csw/sbin/fping is the one I installed recently using OpenCSW's
pkgutil, but the Xymon config was pointing to /usr/local/sbin/fping
I have switched the FPING= definition in ~/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg to
point to the OpenCSW version.
Let's see if this improves matters.

Regards
Vernon