[Xymon] APT Check from Hobbit-Plugins Package - Purple Status

Joseph De Nicolo denicoloj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:58:13 CET 2013

I fixed the issue. The apt script didn't have to be modified for me. It was
a permissions issue, not of the apt itself because I was manually executing
it without problems as xymon user. I believe the permissions of the
Hobbit.pm file was not carried over when I copied it so that was the issue.
I had to change the permissions and now everything is working properly.

Thanks for the help

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Galen Johnson <Galen.Johnson at sas.com>wrote:

>  Did you remember to tweak the clientlaunch.cfg file?  Is there anything
> in the log file that clientlaunch.cfg points to?  When I initially
> installed the service, I used apt-get install hobbit blah blah blah.  That
> worked because it installed all the pieces and it's own client.  I had to
> tweak the files manually after copying them off and deleting the package to
> use the more current xymon that I compiled myself.
>
> If you did anything similar, the log should tell you where the script is
> falling over.
>
> That said, I'm actually finding the monitor a bit annoying.  It's always
> red due to number of updates that Ubuntu pushed out and is yellow due to
> packages it doesn't recognize.  I'm fairly close to disabling it on my
> servers.
>

> =G=

>>> 2. Gave xymon user rights to execute the apt script
>>> 3. Copy over perl/Hobbit.pm to /etc/perl/Hobbit.pm

--