[Xymon] help with xymon client configuration

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Jan 7 04:11:04 CET 2013

The only configuration required on the Xymon client is the IP address of
the Xymon server.  Typically, this is configured in the file
xymonclient.cfg, where you can set XYMSRV to the correct IP address.

Then you start the client running, perhaps by an init script.  The master
Xymon client process is xymonlaunch.  If this isn't running, then you won't
get any local details (cpu, memory, etc).

There are logfiles (on my system, in /var/log/xymon/) that might help
identify any problems.