[Xymon] Repeat HTTP-Test for HTTP Response Time ?

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Wed Feb 20 16:30:32 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a test for HTTP Response Time.
This works ok for most things out of the box.

Now the problem:
I have a page that will be generated and then cached
into memcache by the application on the webserver.

I now want to record both - cached and uncached - http response times.

I can fetch an uncached result with a special get parameter like this:
	http://server/?nocache
so that is not a problem.
But for the cached content, I need to ensure that the page is
fetched two times and only record the second request response time.
(the first one might be the one that generates the page and stores
it into the cache so it might have wrong timings).

Is there a possibility to do this with the onboard xymonnet things
or do I have to write my own test for this?

kind regards

Werner Maier
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier