[Xymon] histlog file permissions

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Feb 14 03:15:43 CET 2013

The debian init script that comes with the Xymon source code explicitly
defines a umask of 022.  However, on my system (SLES), there's no such
definition, and so the system default must have applied, probably from my
/etc/profile.  You might have an /etc/profile that sets the umask more
restrictive that this.  As Jon said, adjusting the xymon user's profile is
one way to fix this.