[Xymon] rrddefinitons.cfg - how to modify the default step in RRA

Nicolas LIENARD nicolas at lienard.name
Fri Feb 8 16:44:25 CET 2013

Hi

I think you are right, issue is my graph are created with data/trends without any column.

I hope Henrik will provide a patch to handle this case :)

I found a thread on ML where Henrik replied about the step:

http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-November/033057.html

The default for RRD-files generated by Xymon is to get updates in 5 minute intervals. To fix this you should define the RRD in the "rrddefinitions.cfg" file and specify a different update interval. If you update it once every 15 minutes = 900 seconds, then you can copy most of the default setup in that file, and just change the interval. Like this:

[sfap/900]
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:576  RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:576 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:576 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:576

So, it seems that the -s is replaced by [column/step] at the end.
Going to try with NCV method...
Thanks again.
Cheers
Nico