[Xymon] TS - hobbitd_client RED

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Wed Feb 6 18:11:40 CET 2013

I am continuing to have a problem on my production system:  CentOS with
Xymon 4.3.0-0.beta2

I am getting the hobbitd_client ICON and the message says:

-          Program crashed

-          Fatal signal caught!

Does anyone have an idea where to look to correct this problem?

I cannot find anything in the 'Client data' link.

I have 2 servers: monitorp and monitor2.

Monitor2 watches monitor2 and begins alerting if monitorp does not
answer a ping.

I also did the following thinking that I might have a corrupted client
program.

-          I copies the /home/xymon/client/bin directory from monitor2
-> monitorp

-          I restarted the client on monitorp

-          Still have the same problem

You cannot DISABLE the ICON.

You can drop the ICON but it comes right back from the client on the
primary Xymon server.

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D