[Xymon] Windows Questions...

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Dec 17 02:55:38 CET 2013

On 17 December 2013 00:39, Jerald Sheets <questy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting an odd behavior surrounding Windows mounts, and I thought some
> of you might have some tips.
>

> If I unmap the drive, Xymon (BBWin, more appropriately) doesn't care.  It
> just happily continues on as I would expect.  Further, I can delete the
> empty file MOUNTMONITOR and all the linux boxes go red for that mount while
> the Windows boxes act as if nothing ever happened.

I don't have any experience with Windows monitoring, but analysis.cfg is
handled server-side, so as long as the file details are showing up in your
client data, it should be possible to get it to work.

Also, I found this, which has an example of usage, and also mentions having
to enable the "filesystem" module.

http://lists.xymon.com/oldarchive/2008/06/msg00274.html