[Xymon] Feature Request - Alerting - ALLSTOP

Patrick Nixon pnixon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 16:51:25 CET 2013

So, in building out my ruleset for alerts, I have a CPU test for a group of
hosts that I have configured to have a weekday and weekend set of alerts.
This is among other specific rules for other tests/hosts combinations

Down the bottom, I have a catch all rule that I've had to add a decent set
of exceptions to which just makes it all that much harder to read the rules.

As far as I know, there is no way to stop progression through the rest of
the alerts file for a specific alert block.

Ie:

HOST=%(www*) SERVICE=CPU
 MAIL alert1
 MAIL alert2

HOST=*
  MAIL alert3
  MAIL alert4

I would like to put an ALLSTOP after alert2 to stop alert3/alert4 from
getting the CPU alerts.

Make sense?  Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!
--Patrick