[Xymon] esxi monitoring issues, high cpu load

Herbert, Francois F.Herbert at massey.ac.nz
Tue Aug 27 22:05:06 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm working on setting up esxi monitoring. We have about 20 machines that we are looking to monitor. I found xymonesxi on sourceforge and got everything up and running. However, if I add more than a few esxi servers the cpu spikes on the xymon box. I'm not getting any errors in the esxi or esx logs.

Has anyone else noticed the high cpu load using this check? Is there anything I can do to mitigate the issue?

Thanks,
mjr

Hi Mark

We've tried using this perl script to monitor our esxi environment but have had to disable it due to the same excessive CPU load issues you have seen. We haven't spent any more time troubleshooting this. Be good to hear if you come up with something.

Regards
Francois Herbert
Systems Engineer
Infrastructure Support Section