[Xymon] Ping Mulitple IPs Per System?

Shackelford, Ken ken.shackelford at siemens.com
Fri Aug 23 19:53:47 CEST 2013

Hello,

        I've been given the task of migrating from an old Big Brother installation to Xymon and have managed to get just about
everything migrated except for one small thing.  We have fair number of WAN routers at various locations and are currently
monitoring them on both their internal Ethernet interface and on their external Serial interface.  These entries show up on the
same line in the BB screen complete with graphs, etc.  It appears the person who implemented this copied the bb-network.sh
and modified it to use a different file than bb-hosts and runs it out of the "ext" directory.  I've found the "xymonnet" program
that does much the same thing as bb-network.sh, but there is no way to specify a different configuration file other than hosts.cfg.

        In short, is there a way to have a second IP address for a system and have Xymon produce a second "conn" (or whatever
name) column for that IP?   I know I could just add two entries to hosts.cfg ("machine" and "machine.serial" or some such), but that
seems a bit like a kludge.

        Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken