[Xymon] XyMon client version

Andrey Chervonets A.Chervonets at cominder.eu
Fri Aug 23 12:52:53 CEST 2013

Some time ago somebody asked how to check XyMon client version.

Now I need to make revision what  installed in our "Zoo" and plan xymon
clients upgrade.

Version can be easy detected at client side like with
cmd:
         echo `hostname`:`./xymon  2>&1 | grep "version"`
out:
        realhostname:Xymon version 4.3.5

so we just need to loop through all hosts and execute such call.

But this is quite inconvenient (most target hosts will not have
passwordless ssh connection setup).

May be XyMon developers can implement new metric test  "xymonver" which,
depending on settings will show in web UI:
a) just version of xymon client installed
b) red, yellow or green depending on how old version is instaled compared
with
        * xymon server version
        * or maximum version detected in all target servers

If this is too complex, may be add client version to "info" repost like
this is done for OS?

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets
SIA CoMinder