[Xymon] differentiating host types in analysis.cfg

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Apr 18 21:18:32 CEST 2013

I want to be able to differentiate in analysis.cfg between debian servers
and debian containers (not being a debian familiar I don't know what the
non container version would be called).

I looked at CLASS: in the hosts.cfg man page and it says that is used for
log-file monitoring, however, in the analysis.cfg man page it talks about
using CLASS= as a host selector.

Will it work? I haven't tried it, but will be doing so unless someone here
says not to.

Specifically I want to check for PROC ntpd on regular debian servers and on
redhat, but not check for it on debian containers since it can't run on
them. Debian servers and redhat servers both report their class as linux so
If I can override that on the containers and make it something else I think
I can do what I want.

Thanks for any insight.
Steve
Purdue University