[Xymon] EXT : DNS error

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Tue Apr 16 19:29:30 CEST 2013

Troy –

If you need extra help tracking down what’s happening with the xymonnet process, don’t forget about the “--debug" and “--dump" options to include in the tasks.cfg file for “[xymonnet]”. This was very useful for me in tracking down what was going on in my environment recently.

E.g.
   xymonnet '--report' '--ping' '--checkresponse' '--timeout=25' '--dns-timeout=2' '--dnslog=/var/log/xymon-4.3.3/dns.log' '--concurrency=5' '--debug' '--dump=both

david