[Xymon] Xymond_history

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Mon Apr 15 17:22:27 CEST 2013

/var/log/xymon/history.log or xymonlaunch.log might have something or,
depending on your system, /var/log/messages or audit/... Basically,
anywhere that's liable to have segfault information. ($XYMONTMP might also
contain a core dump file that could be useful.)

If xymond_history crashed, it was auto-restarted by xymonlaunch pretty
quickly, which is why it's still running now. To clear the purple alert
(it was a one-time message), simply drop the status manually (xymon
localhost "drop <hostname> xymond_history")

HTH,

-jc