[Xymon] FILE in analysis.cfg

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Apr 11 17:20:32 CEST 2013

So I'm creating a log file that will only get updated about every 3 months. But I want to watch that and make sure that it does get updated every three months.

That part is easy. But, the file is only for our Linux machines, not our Solaris machines. Is there a way to tell  analysis that I want to look for this file, but if it doesn't exist, that's ok? Or is there something like CLASS but for machine type?

Oh, and I'm also monitoring a handful of linux machines for others outside my group, that won't have this file. And if I just put in the FILE line, it's going to tag those machines with file doesn't exist, if I put it in HOST=*. And I don't really want to put it in, individually, for the 90+ machines I do have, and the ones I'm adding weekly.

The vast majority of my machines do have a 3 character start, so I guess I could use those...

Any better ideas?

While, I'm at it, is mtime> only in seconds or can I put a 'd' modifier for days on the end of it?