[Xymon] Custom graphs, non-standard config

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Apr 4 04:16:58 CEST 2013

On 4 April 2013 08:13, Haertig, David F (Dave) <haertig at avaya.com> wrote:

> I guess others saw the same need I identified for this type of operation,
> and we developed similar solutions independently.

(I'm the author if RCLIENT)

Yes, I had the same need.  However, in my case, I didn't want to rely on
having perl installed on the server or the client.  It takes some
shell-fu-gymnastics to pull off, but so far, the only problem I've had was
with a broken bourne shell implementation on some old Solaris boxes, and
that's been worked around.

A Perl version would have been faster to write, and would probably run
faster too.