[Xymon] Is there a way to get DISK analysis.cfg functionality for a custom test?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 02:09:01 CEST 2012

We've got some storage systems that don't run xymon clients (because
they are storage systems and speak their own CLI). I wrote a custom
script that runs on the xymon server and connects to these devices  to
report volume usage. So far so good.

But now, I want to add functionality that exists on the built in disk
test, like

   DISK filesystem warnlevel paniclevel  GROUP=groupname

Is there a way I can write my custom test to take advantage of all the
built-in capabilities?

 Would it make sense to write a script that mimics
/home/xymon/client/bin/xymonclient-<os>.sh and kick the results to
xymonclient somehow? And if so how? Is there a good generic "os" to
use?Will xymon fall over and cry when I don't have all the sorts of
information that xymonclient usually has?

Or is there a better way to go about this?