[Xymon] Best way to monitor for configuration value?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Sep 25 07:52:12 CEST 2012

On 22 September 2012 06:32, Betsy Schwartz <betsy.schwartz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, that is very interesting, I did not know the features could be
> put together like that!
> don't think that will work though because it's not going to clear when
> the variable changes

I don't see why not.  The file will be either zero length or larger.  If
it's larger, the test goes yellow; if it's zero length, the test (by
default) goes green.

anyway just for fun the requestor added a third requirement which is
> to track how long it's been yellow, so I am definitely doing a custom
> test (in anticipation of requirements #4...#n...)

Scope creep *sigh* - yeah, an external script seems like the thing to do.

Cheers
Jeremy