[Xymon] Best way to monitor for configuration value?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:25:25 CEST 2012

To clarify:

We are OK with having the configuration file changing, we are just
monitoring the existence of one particular variable.
(if we didn't have people editing this file I could just put it into
puppet and be done with it)

New requirement:
   var=ON may or may not exist, this is the default state.
   we just need to go yellow if var=OFF

Sounds like a custom test is what I need.