[Xymon] bbwin Windows services state text delayed?

Carl Melgaard Carl.Melgaard at STAB.RM.DK
Wed Sep 19 16:17:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

Running Xymon 4.3.7 on CentOS 5.6 – just started using bbwin-0.13 for our Windows servers – I’m seeing some funny behaviour when a service I’m monitoring is changing state:

From analysis.cfg:

HOST=itm.ov
        SVC     Spooler  status=started startup=automatic

When the service goes red or green, the following weirdness can occur:

Wed Sep 19 15:51:17 2012 - Services OK

&green Spooler is stopped/automatic - want started/automatic

or

Wed Sep 19 16:06:22 2012 - Services NOT ok

&red Spooler is started/automatic - want started/automatic

 - and it stays like this unless the state changes again – seems like the status text is delayed/opposite sometimes?

Theres been some discussion earlier about something similar to this – but it’s mentioned it was fixed? Anyone experience something like this?

Regards,
Carl Melgaard

Tel. +45 7841 2982 eller +45 2068 5764
Driftsplanlægning og overvågning ▪ Region Midtjylland
Olof Palmes Allé 36 ▪ DK-8200 Aarhus N