[Xymon] Xymon status does not get updated

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Oct 16 16:42:27 CEST 2012

Hi John

| Do you have anything like '--status-senders' set for xymond in your
| tasks.cfg file? If so, is this IP address listed?

No, I do not have anything like that in tasks.cfg. I haven't touched this file.

| Are you using multiple Xymon servers or should this ('0.0.0.0') be
| whatever XYMONSERVERIP is set to in xymonserver.cfg?

There is no secondary xymon server but there is a big brother running.
My task at the moment is to gradually retire big brother and move everything to Xymon but I still have a LONG way to go.

| When I had accidentally restricted access to our Xymon server, I
| received errors such as 'connection refused'. In your case you get a
| timeout, which tends to imply it is not connecting. If iptables and
| selinux have been stopped, then I would check the settings in the
| 'server/etc' files to ensure that your Xymon server is configured
| correctly.

I haven't done anything like that in my case.

After running:
$killall -9 xymond

The main xymon page gets updated but the xymond column is yellow.
(???????) I am full of questionmarks.