[Xymon] monitoring /var/log/messages for new occurence of a string

Nicole Beck nskyrca at syr.edu
Thu Oct 11 21:08:23 CEST 2012

I installed the xymon client on a test server, and that seems to work better for monitoring the log files.  IE, it only alerts for new occurrences of the string in the log. Thanks!

Now to figure out my scripts that I called from the bb-bbexttab file on the client.  I got one to work by adding it to the clientlaunch.cfg file on the client.   But you mentioned doing it centrally on the server?

Thanks again,
Nicole