[Xymon] migrate server

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 01:21:42 CET 2012

I recently moved to a new server. The way I did it was to install the
newest Xymon release on the new server. Set up a Xymon proxy on the old
server so it can feed both the old and new servers. Make sure the new
installation is running right. Then use scp to move over all of the data
directory. Turn off your old machine. If you have any proxies running
anywhere you will have to point them to the new server after you have
switched over, before you shutdown the old server. Same with any network
tests you are running from your main server. That's about it, it went
really smoothly for me. If you are running any network tests from your main
server, be sure the firewalls are set up for the new server.

Thanks,
Larry Barber