[Xymon] Xymon server reporting to itself and another Xymon server

Eric Thiele ethiele at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:39:43 CET 2012

I have this set up...

Server A

# cd /export/xymon/server/etc
# egrep "XYMS|RIP" xymonserver.cfg
XYMONSERVERIP="10.235.57.11"            # The IP-address of your server.
Use the real one, not 127.0.0.1 .
XYMSRV="$XYMONSERVERIP"         # IP of a single Xymon server
XYMSERVERS=""                   # IP of multiple Xymon servers. If used,
XYMSRV must be 0.0.0.0
MACHINEADDR="$XYMONSERVERIP"            # This systems IP-address
BBSERVERIP="$XYMONSERVERIP"
BBDISP="$XYMSRV"
BBDISPLAYS="$XYMSERVERS"

Server B
# cd /export/xymon/server/etc
# egrep "XYMS|RIP" xymonserver.cfg
XYMONSERVERIP="10.235.157.56"            # The IP-address of your server.
Use the real one, not 127.0.0.1 .
XYMSRV="$XYMONSERVERIP"         # IP of a single Xymon server
XYMSERVERS=""                   # IP of multiple Xymon servers. If used,
XYMSRV must be 0.0.0.0
MACHINEADDR="$XYMONSERVERIP"            # This systems IP-address
BBSERVERIP="$XYMONSERVERIP"
BBDISP="$XYMSRV"
BBDISPLAYS="$XYMSERVERS"

When I use the CGI to Enable / Disable alerts...  I am only enabling /
disabling on the server I'm viewing.
I'm using http://<server IP>/hobbit-seccgi/enadis.sh

How do I make my single enable / disable action propagate to both servers?

Is it as simple as changing
XYMSRV="0.0.0.0"
XYMSERVERS="10.235.57.11 10.235.157.56"
on both servers