[Xymon] problems with Xymon SSL

Leszek G Geba leszek.geba at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 06:07:41 CET 2012

Hi,

I am trying to install Xymon
version 4.3.10 on CentOS
CentOS Linux 6.3
Linux 2.6.32-279.11.1.el6.x86_64 on x86_64

there is a problem with SSL installation.

I am running ./configure.server script
When do it comes to SSL section it says:
Checking for OpenSSL ...
Compiling with SSL library works OK
Linking with SSL library works OK
Checking if your SSL library has SSLv2 enabled
Will support SSLv2 when testing SSL-enabled network services

Xymon can use the OpenSSL library to test SSL-enabled services
like https-encrypted websites, POP3S, IMAPS, NNTPS and TELNETS.
If you have the OpenSSL library installed, I recommend that you enable this.

Do you want to be able to test SSL-enabled services (y) ?

All installation process runs without problem, however after starting Xymon
it cannot do any SSL based test.

Like for example:
Sat Nov 3 16:00:46 2012: Server timeout
https://mail.bussq.com.au/ - Server timeout

When I am checking
 /home/xymon/server/bin/xymonnet --version
xymonnet version 4.3.10
LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20423

and no information about SSL, which means it is installed without SSL
support. (is it correct?)

OpenSSL package is installed and I can execute commands related to it.

Can anyone point me out what I am doing wrong?
Or what else I need to check?

Thank you
--
regards