[Xymon] Problems with the PROC test

Chris DiLorenzo cdilorenzo at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:43:53 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have the following in my hobbit-clients.cfg file:

HOST=%srvc-*
        PROC java 1 1 red
        PROC mule 2 2 red

I have about 10 servers that fit this naming convention.  However,
only 3 of them are performing this test.  The other 7 state "No
process check defined" but the running processes are listed.  All 10
of the servers are communicating with the Xymon server with no issues.

The 3 that are working were built a while ago...maybe about a year ago
and not my be.  The other 7 were built recently.  There is something
different between these 2 sets of servers, but I don't know what it
is.  They are all running the same version of Xymon and CentOS.  They
are all reporting to the same server.

It almost looks like some sort of permission error.  Can someone point
me where to look?  Filesystem permission, config file...

Thanks,
Chris