[Xymon] Replace test with script?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue May 15 17:12:04 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 10:59 -0400, Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using Xymon 4.3.7 does anyone know if it is possible to replace a
> > xymonnet test with a local test of the same name? I want to replace the
>
> To me this falls into the category of "things that will confuse the
> heck out of the person who replaces me after I am  hit by a bus"
> I try to avoid doing stuff like that and if I do, I try to document it
> in very bold letters...

Oh we are way beyond that :-)

I have been complaining about the lack of additional Linux and UNIX
support here for well over a decade! What has happened? Nothing at all.
I am still the sole person dealing with the central Linux/UNIX boxes.
So, I'm beyond worrying about doing things that may confuse others.

Having said that, I have opted for making the client script report as a
'dnsr' test (for DNS resolution), and leave the supplied 'dns' test
alone.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001