[Xymon] conn-test on multihomed hosts: no graphing of resonse-time?

Thomas Eckert thomas.eckert at IT-Eckert.de
Fri May 4 16:50:35 CEST 2012

Hi Xymonians, hi Henrik,

in my setup (xymon-4.3.7) the conn-check for multihomed hosts:

	conn={best,|worst,}IP1[,IP2...]

does not graph the response-time of the additional IPs (IP1, IP2, ...).

If this is a configuration-setting stop reading here; any hints to
configure this correctly are appreciated.

While latency-graphing for the additional IPs is not essential it's
different from the behaviour of the other network-tests where the
response/latency is graphed even if multiple target for the same test
are specified (e.g. http-checks).

My _guess_ would be that this is not supported as the multihomed-feature
was added later and changing the rrd-file naming-scheme could cause
trouble with existing installations of xymon.

As there is currently a big rework of the xymonnet-module is going on
and rev. 6969 just added the "conn="-feature I thought this might be a
good time to change this _if_ it is desired at all.

All the best
Thomas